The enthusiasm and interest for out performing this season has been exceptional. Players and clubs have focussed on cricket with some outstanding sportsmanship demonstrated by team captains. The table below shows the number of view for each weekly match report post this season so far.
|No of Views
|Match Report –18th June 2023
|Match Report – 11th June 2023
|Match Report – 4th June 2023
|Match Report – 28th May 2023
|Match Report – 21st May 2023
|Match Report – 14th May 2023
|Match Report – 7th May 2023
|Match Report – 30th April 2023
|Match Report – 23rd April 2023
One key area of improvement for member clubs is to ball their 45 overs within 3 hours. Most matches complete within the requirement of the league constitution but their are a handful of clubs that need to do more. This can be achieved with the following.
Tips who to ball your overs within the timescale:
- Fielders jog between overs and be ready to ball the next over by the time umpires and batsman are in position to play the ball.
- Captains to position fielders to their strength but limit the distance they have to travel between overs, avoid fielders going from one side of the field to the other eg. long on to long on, third man to third man etc
- Captains to think about moving fielders between overs and only move fielders during the over when necessary.
- Position bowlers near their bowling end to avoid the time it takes them to be ready to ball their over.
- Drink fluids before you take the field of play to avoid have additional drink breaks other than those approved by the umpires or official drinks break at the half point interval or two breaks (every 15 overs) on a very very hot day.
Darulshafa CC v Karmand CC
Bhalot CC v Great Horton Sports CC
Watch the draw on the leagues facebook page – https://fb.watch/loris_FW9j/