Due to time constraints at the EGM/AGM held on the 12th November 2019 it wasn’t possible to discuss the constitution proposals in-depth and the league arranged a follow up meeting to discuss them on Tuesday 26th November 2019.
The members clubs approved the following proposals
- Pilot field restrictions by introducing the inner circle in the Premier Section for season 2020
- Introduce a new up to 20 points system to further enhance the standard of cricket played in the league for season 2020
- Re-introduce voluntary 8×8 competition on august bank holiday and work with other organisation to run T20.
- approved the reviewed overseas definition to allow amateur cricketers to take part in the league for season 2020
- To recognise achievements of younger players (18 and under at at 1st Sept) best newcomer, best batting average and best bowling averages for each section.
The committee also drew live season 2020 fixtures which will be upload next Tuesday, 3rd December 2019.
Minutes of the meeting and further details of the AGM will be available over the weekend.
Member club registration forms will be send by email during next week so the committee can start to work on the handbook, secure new sponsors, meet the new applicants and start to discuss the merger with another local league. As planned the league aims to have at least 40 member clubs for season 2020.