The government announcement of 22nd January 2021confirmed that organised sport can restart from the end of March. ECB will be meeting next week to discuss some of the restriction that have to be consider to keep everyone safe. Further information will be available when we receive it.
The committee has agreed to hold the delayed AGM to discuss the following agenda:
- Executive Chairperson Report – Past, Present and future
- Re-elect the interim committee for a further 1 year term
- Executive Finance Officer Report
- Sponsors Season 2021
- Proposed League Fees
- Membership Fee £30.00 (reduced from £50.00)
- League Handbooks and Website £20.00 (reduced from £30.00)
- YCB/ECB affiliation £30.00 (reduced from £70.00) subject to YCB confirmation
- Cricket balls £11.00 per ball (reduced from £12.00 per ball)
- Awards Ceremony Fee carried forwards from previous season
- Proposed fee for year – £300.00 (Previous season £444.00) reduced by £144.00
- Constitution Proposals
- Extend player eligibility to include first class British county players that out of contract to participate in the league – Rationale : To allow British players of good standard the opportunity to continue to play at the highest standard after being released by their respective county.
- Increase bowling limit to 12 over for maximum of 2 bowlers – Rationale : To add a strategic dimension to the game.
- Top four in all sections to qualify for 100-ball tournament in the following season to be played on August Bank Holiday – Rationale, To increase the competitiveness and the opportunity for mid table teams to play for top 4 positions to keep the interest going to the end of the season
- Proposal to extended the fielding restriction to all sections of the league – Rationale, the pilot of the fielding restriction introduced last season in the Premier Section was successful in removing the negative aspect of the game and increased the average number of scores in each match.
- Proposal to increase rained off points to 6 points from 3 – Rationale member clubs do not have the same control over grounds a the hiring Saturday club and balances the point system.
- If the rained off rules is voted in to balance the points system we propose to increase the number of points for a tie to 8 – The probability of a tie result is very low and although not conventional with normal points system it allows the league to balance the system.
The meeting will be held over Google Meet and members clubs will be sent an invite to the meeting with clear ground for the virtual meeting be held with no interruptions.