The draw for the YCF 8-a-side Cup to be played on Monday, 28th August 2017 at Saltaire Cricket Club & Karmand Cricket Club:
Group 1, @Saltaire CC (Roberts’ Park, Coach Road, Baildon. BD17 7LU) – Umpires TBC
12:15pm – Preliminary Round : Punjab v Heaton Park
Group 1 : Semi-Finals
1:15pm : Kashmir Bfd v OnQ
2:15pm : Keighley RZM v Punjab or Heaton Park
3:30pm – Group 1 : Final
Group 2, @Karmand CC (Barkerend Road, Bradford. BD3 9EP) – Umpires TBC
12:15pm – Preliminary Round : STYLE v Bhalot Strikers
Group 2 : Semi-Finals
1:15pm : Flix (AWB) v White Rose
2:15pm : Kashmir Dews v STYLE or Bhalot Strikers
3:30pm – Group 2 : Final
Grand Final @5:15pm at Saltaire cc
League will arrange for Umpires and Scorers, Teams shall provide an adequate Reader Sovereign ball
8 a side – Basic rules of the competition
- Teams must arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time.
- Maximum of 8 overs per team
- Maximum 2 overs per bowler
- If both Teams scores are level then the Team losing least number of wickets will be the winner, if this is also the same then the Team with the highest score at the end of the penultimate over will determine the winner.
- Deliveries down the leg and above head height (after pitching) will be called wide
- Deliveries bowled above waist (without pitching) will be deemed a No ball
- A FREE hit will be allowed for NO BALLS (front crease only)
- Bowlers run up limited to maximum of 15 yards
- Last man DOES NOT bat on
- All Wide & No ball deliveries will constitute of extra runs and an additional delivery
All players participating must be registered with the club they intend to play for and Teams can field a different side for each match.
As the competition is being sponsored a nominal fee of £25.00 will be charge to each club. If a team fails to participate in the competition then a broken engagement fine will apply (Rule 14d).
For the competition to finish in good light it is important to turn up 15 minutes before your start time. If Teams do not turn up before the start time then the match will be awarded to the opposition.